Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Interact is Rotary International’s service club for young people ages 14-18. Interact Clubs are sponsored by individual Rotary Clubs, which provide support and guidance, but Interact Clubs are self-governing and self-supporting.
Interact, is short for “International Action”. The basic principle of Interact is to serve others.
As one of the most significant and fastest growing programs of Rotary service, with more than 10,700 clubs in 109 countries and geographical areas, Interact has become a worldwide phenomenon. Almost 200,000 young people are involved in Interact.
Service Above Self.
1. To recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity
2. To encourage and practice thoughtfulness and helpfulness to others.
3. To create an awareness of the importance of home and family.
4. To build respect for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
5. To emphasize the acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement and group achievement.
6. To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society.
7. To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national and world affairs.
8. To open avenue of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
1. Thou shall be punctual.
2. Thou shall not make noise or talk when someone is trying to say something.
3. Thou shall behave yourself during meetings.
4. Thou shall give full attendance to the Sergeant-At-Arms.
5. Thou shall raise your hand before saying something.
6. Thou shall respect all Board of Directors.
7. Thou shall not use sarcasm or criticism during meetings.
8. Thou shall not use foul language.
9. Thou shall not move around during meetings.
10. Thou shall not argue during meetings.
the four-way test
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Is it beneficial to all concerned?
4. Will it build goodwill and better friendship?